Tom Hogarty, Lightroom product manager has posted a story about the release of the new Lightroom 3 Beta 2 available now on Labs.Adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3.
Here’s a quick summary of what’s new in this release:
- Improved performance throughout the application for faster importing and loading of images
- Native tethered shooting support for select Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras
- Luminance noise reduction has been added to the previous color noise reduction improvements available in the first public beta for outstanding overall high ISO quality
- Support for importing and managing video files from DSLR cameras for better overall photographic workflow control
- Improvements to the import experience in the first beta to reflect public feedback
- Improved watermarking functionality from the first beta to reflect public feedback
Here are a few early resources on Lightroom 3 beta 2.
Julieanne Kost walks through the changes in Lightroom 3 beta 2
A comprehensive blog post by Ian Lyons
Victoria Bampton adds her detailed notes on the beta update
Jeffrey Friedl provides a new Snapshot on Export plug-in that only works with Lightroom 3 beta 2
Sean McCormack posts his thoughts on the Lightroom-blog: