The Labs.Adobe.Com web site for downloading the Adobe Photoshop CS3 beta is live.
The main Photoshop CS3 site is at: https://labs.adobe.com/technologies/photoshopcs3/ Also see the Photoshop CS3 forum as well as the Bridge CS3 forum both of which are starting to get posts. Note, there are still a few issues regarding the CS3 beta serial number generation. Adober is aware of problems and is working to get the system to accept all valid CS2 serials including Photoshop CS2, Creative Suite 2 as well as education serial numbers to be accepted.
There is an updated Known Issues listing for Photoshop CS3 including:
- Large cursors are not displayed on Intel-based Macs.
- The Pattern Maker plug-in is not available on Intel-based Macs
- Uninstall causes Acrobat 7 Pro and Reader to be automatically reconfigured on Windows XP.
- Interpolation on image resize is not working correctly.
- Certain plug-Ins are not being loaded on Intel-based Macs (AltiVec, PPCCore, Embed and Read Watermark).
- Camera Raw is not yet scriptable.
- Photoshop may crash on quit when running on a developer seed of Mac OS X 10.5 “Leopard.”
- Non-Photoshop Open EXR files fail to open in Photoshop CS3.
- PDF settings are not included. If you do not have Acrobat 8, you will not be able to save out as PDFx.
- The Adobe Media Gallery (available in the File > Automate menu) is non-operational in the Photoshop CS3 Beta.
- Unable to open a CMYK JPEG or images larger than 10,000 pixels per side if “Prefer ACR for JPEG” preference is checked.
- Recovery and fill light sliders don’t respond immediately on first use. If unable to open more then one JPEG on the Mac the workaround is to check the preference option to “Prefer ACR for JPEG.”
- Thumbnails don’t always update in Bridge after editing raw file in PS ACR.
The Known Issues listing for Bridge CS3 includes:
- In Bridge, choosing “Return to Photoshop” does not work on Windows XP.
- Upon choosing File->Browse in Photoshop, Bridge 2.0 may not launch properly after Bridge 1.0 has been launched.
- Uninstall may not correctly remove Adobe Bridge, meaning it therefore must be uninstalled manually.
- Selecting Help > Update may cause the application to quit unexpectedly.
- The command Help > Bridge Help is not implemented yet.
- In the Preview Panel, video and audio files do not display reliably.
- There are some cosmetic issues when magnifying files using the Loupe.
- Selecting a large number of files or invoking a contextual menu may cause the application to freeze for a long time.
- Thumbnails displayed in the content pane can be fuzzy or pixelated.
- Camera Raw settings in contextual menu don’t work when selection includes non-camera raw files.
- An error “Operations could not be completed” can be displayed on Windows when selecting “My Computer” or drives or folder. When this happens, force quit, then re-launch Bridge.
- Changes to Camera Raw files are not immediately reflected in the Preview or Content panel.
- Dynamic media and non-image files (i.e. text, spreadsheet, etc…) cannot be rated or labeled.
- Acrobat Connect does not function in this beta release.
Check the entire Release Notes for additional info.
NOTE: The Photoshop CS3 beta is available in English only but to Photoshop CS2 users worldwide. It is available to licensed users of either the Photoshop CS2 (full, upgrade, and education), Adobe Creative Suite 2 Standard or Premium (full, upgrade, and education), Adobe Production Studio Standard and Premium (full, upgrade, and education), Adobe Video Bundle (full, upgrade, and education) or Adobe Web Bundle (full, upgrade, and education). You will need to provide your Photoshop CS2, Creative Suite, Production Studio or Bundle serial number in order to get a Photoshop CS3 beta serial number, enabling you to activate the Photoshop beta and use it beyond the two-day grace period.